- This event has passed.
3.27.18 Learning to Achieve- Session 1- For Case Managers, Intake Staff, Program Managers and Teachers – Saratoga (rescheduled from 3.2.18)
March 27, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
DATE: Tuesday, March 27, 2018
LOCATION: Hampton Inn, 25 Lake Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
TIME: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
TRAINER: Connie Nealon
CREDIT: 6 hours
ADDITIONAL DETAILS: Please arrive early. A continental breakfast will be served at 8:30. Lunch will also be served.
**Special Instructions: Prior to the training you must complete the Learning To Achieve: Online Module Access for Learning Disabilities Accommodations at https://lincs.ed.gov/ . Please print out the certificate upon completion and bring it to class with you. You will be emailed complete instructions when you sign up for the training.
These Learning to Achieve modules focus on considerations of LD that inform case managers, intake staff, program managers and teachers.
Learning to Achieve is designed to build teacher effectiveness in providing instruction for adults with learning disabilities (LD). It includes an integrated set of research-based resources and professional development materials.
• Definition of Learning Disabilities: Focuses on describing the consensus and controversies in the definition of LD, as well as their practical application.
• Legal Issues, Self-Disclosure, and Confidentiality: Focuses on identifying the legal, self-disclosure and confidentiality issues relevant to adults with LD and service providers working with them.
• Accommodations (Online module debrief): Defines and clarifies accommodations for learners with disabilities.
• Self Determination: Explains the importance of self-determination and self-advocacy for a person with learning disabilities, and describes six factors that affect an individual’s ability to be self-determined.
• Workforce: Describes strategies for helping adults with learning disabilities develop skills to enhance their workforce readiness and success.
We look forward to your participation.